Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hungry...

Not for food...well maybe a bit...actually I could use a snack...mmm waffles would be amazing...

What I'm really hungry for is training, and luckily my appetite is being satiated day in and day out.  What has triathlon done to me.  50lbs ago, it was the biggest struggle in the world to go to the gym for 45 minutes, now I look at my schedule see 2 hours and think its a short day.

I'm just in that sweet spot, I wake up excited to look at what the days schedule holds for me.  Each workout is a new adventure, a new chance to see what this body of mine can accomplish.  Every night I go to sleep feeling a deep satisfaction, and man do I sleep well with this training load.

Yesterday was a run, swim, strength, run, bike kind of day.  I could believe my energy as I checked off each workout and looked forward to the next one.  I know it wont always feel like this as training fatigue and intensity build, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And maybe definitely, just possibly absolutely, the fun of some good competition is helping me along as well.  Opposed to a big race where you are not at the level of the front of the pack, or a smaller race that is won easily, a race that goes back and forth with simular levels of fitness and different strengths, where you know the competition is something else.

I'm just having way too much fun right now.

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment